Five Basic Carpet Cleaning Tips You Should KnowBy
Cleaning the carpet is very important if you want to keep it beautiful, hygienic, and well-maintained. It is a continuous task which would which some may find difficulty in doing. Some carpet owners don’t really know the right way to go about cleaning their carpets which results in it being damaged or staying filthy. If you want to keep your carpet clean and fresh, knowing the basic cleaning tips is important. So to guide you, here are some of the carpet cleaning basics that you should know in order to be able to properly take care of your carpet.
- Vacuuming the carpet is vital to remove the dust and dirt particles and prevent it from building up and damaging the carpet fibers. Some areas would require more frequent vacuuming than others. Once a week is recommended for less used areas while three to five times a week is best for heavy traffic areas.
- Vacuuming in quadrants is the best way to go about vacuuming wall-to-wall carpeting. Make sure you divide the entire area into several quadrants and finish vacuuming each one before doing the next one.
- Don’t rush when cleaning or vacuuming the carpet. It may be a boring and tedious task but proper effort and time should be invested in it for you to get the best results. Always vacuum and clean slowly, making sure you thoroughly reach every area of the carpet.
- Shift the furniture around the carpeted area to be able to reach the part hidden under it. Not doing this will leave you with unclean areas which will have more wear and tear than other well kept parts of the carpet. Moving the furniture around will ensure that every inch of the carpet is cleaned and no area is left unnoticed.
- If you have problems with carpet odors coming from pets, fungi, or any other source, adding baking soda before vacuuming can be an effective way to remove it. Baking soda helps in neutralizing unpleasant odors and will keep your carpet smelling fresh and clean.
Keeping your carpet clean is very essential to be able to keep it clean and good condition. Nobody wants to have a dirty and filthy carpet in their home as it can only ruin the entire mood and appearance. Make sure you remember the basic carpet cleaning tips above and follow them when cleaning your carpet to correctly care for it and keep it in tip top shape.