How to Clean Up Spilled Lotion on Your CarpetBy
There are many different kinds of problems and challenges that comes with owning a carpet. One of these is cleaning up all kinds of messes, one of these is cleaning up after spills on your carpet. One common spill that is encountered by countless carpet owners is dealing with spilled lotion on their carpets. Lotion, because of its consistency and color, can be challenging to clean up and can likewise cause a stain which can be hard to remove. It also leaves your carpet oily and smelly which is why cleaning it properly is essential.
If you have spilled lotion on your carpet, don’t panic just yet as this predicament can be solved with ease as long as you know what you are doing. Below is a simple and easy to follow guide which can help you in cleaning up spilled lotion on your carpet.
- Remove as much of the lotion as you can by blotting it with some paper towels. If you have spilled a large amount of lotion on your carpet, you may elect to use a spoon and scoop it up from your carpet fibers.
- Next, take a piece of clean white cloth and apply some water to it to make it a little moist. Apply a small amount of dishwashing liquid and use it to dab the stained area. You will notice that the lotion stain will show some improvement, becoming a little lighter as you continue doing this step. Though it may not totally eliminate the stain, it will make it easier to remove with the succeeding steps.
- For the next step, you’ll need to grab some baby wipes which you will use on the stain. The baby wipes can be effective in removing oil-based stains on your carpet. To use it, simply rub it on the affected areas of the carpet and again you’ll slowly see the stain coming off of the carpet.
- If after the last step the stain is still on your carpet, get a cup of water and add a teaspoon of white vinegar. Apply some of this cleaning solution onto the lotion stain and use a clean white cloth to blot the area. Continue with this step until all of the stain is removed.
- Rinse the portion of the carpet where the stain was with water and then use your wet/dry vac or some clean rags to dry it.
Lotion spills on your carpet don’t have to cause you a lot of problems. Simply check out and follow the guide above and you’ll say goodbye to that lotion stain on your carpet in no time.